Anxiety As Fire Guts Students’ Hostel In IBB University

There was pandemonium on Thursday evening In Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, owing to a fire outbreak in the boys’ hostel.

Many students were seen running from the scene to find safety, except a few of them who stood to quench the fire.

An eyewitness reported the incident to iBabanaija Blog that the inferno was triggered by a linking gas cylinder on the second floor of the building.

The fire, which started in the evening, lasted for over 30 minutes before the Intervention of some students who put the situation under control.

However, no property was lost to the inferno.

One Ibrahim Bello, said the school firefighters who arrived the scene lately were chased away by the angry students who condemned the late arrival of the officials.

Also speaking, President, Students’ Union (SU) Comrade Idris Baba Alhaji also known as Elomi, described the incident as ‘minor’ as no casualty was recorded during the fire outbreak.

He urged the students to ensure proper maintenance of the gas cylinder during and after Its usage.

Elomi added that students should always take their cylinder outside before lighting it up.

“As Intellectuals, we all know the risk associated with a gas explosion, so we should always take caution”, said Elomi.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
%d bloggers like this: